Dr. Nidhal Garmo – President & Founder of OWMM (est 2007)
& Vice President of World Medical Relief
OWMM provides medical assistance, food, and clothing to underprivileged, at risk refugees and IDPs in conflict areas such as Kurdistan, Mosul Iraq, Jordan and Honduras.
In 2003, she began sending medicine, money and other donations to a few families. She immediately realized that wasn’t enough and her passion ignited and grew. She volunteered at a non-profit organization called World Medical Relief, which she considers one of her biggest blessings.
After several years of working with this organization, she became their Ambassador of Health for Kurdistan, Iraq, and Jordan in 2010. With the generosity of World Medical Relief, Nidhal sponsored and delivered herself 16 medical containers to Kurdistan in addition to another 4 large containers of clothes to help Iraqi, Kurdish and Syrian Refugees displaced by ISIS. She’s also helped soldiers (Pershmega) with 300 blankets. All these donations exceeded a value of more than ($7M) Seven Millions dollars were delivered personally by Dr. Nidhal by her travelling more than 26 times to Kurdistan, Jordan, Honduras and other countries in need.
Ms. Nidhal grew up in a family of 8 in Baghdad, Iraq until she immigrated to the United States in 1980. Upon arriving, she began working as a cashier in a grocery store and attended college at Wayne State University. When Nidhal graduated from college, she earned a position working as a pharmacist for Perry Drugs, which is now Rite Aid. After 5 years, she established her first pharmacy, Nidhal’s Pharmacy, as part of the Sav-Mor franchise in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Nidhal spent her entire childhood in Iraq, which instilled her love for her home country. In 2003, she began sending medicine, money and other donations to a few families. Nidhal sponsored and delivered herself 12 medical containers to Iraq and Kurdistan in addition to another 5 large containers of clothes and dry food to help Iraqi and Syrian Refugees displaced by ISIS with the support of World Medical Relief.
Contact her by emailing email@example.com for any inquiries or partnerships!
• 2007/Current – Founder & President, One World Medical Mission
• 2012/Current – Belmont Pharmaceuticals LLC, Farmington Hills, MI
• 1995/Current – Pharmacist and owner of SAV Mor, Farmington Hills, MI
• 1990-1995 Perry’s Drugs (Rite Aid). Farmington Hills, MI
• 2006 Appreciation Award /Iraq, Human Rights Society U.S.A. for services provided to the Iraqi people
• 2006 Ambassador for Peace Universal Peace Federation – for promoting religious harmony in the United States and the Middle East
• 2007 Person of the Year National Arab American Medical Association, Michigan Chapter for helping the children of Iraq
• 2009 Certificate of Appreciation from Assyrian Medical Society – for valuable community service
• 2009 Certificate of Recognition –World Master Trades – for exceptional leadership of For Victims of War and Poverty
• 2011 Humanitarian of the Year – Word Medical Relief – for her support of the medical needs of the Iraqi people
• 2012 Humanitarian Citizen Award, Iraqi Medical Science Association
• 2012 Humanitarian of the Year – Lebanese Chamber of Commerce
• 2012 Global Humanitarian Award – World Medical Relief – for her tireless work in aiding the sick and poor
• 2014 Humanitarian of The Year – IMSA-USA – for her humanitarian efforts to the Iraqi people
• 2014 International Appreciation Award – World Medical Relief
• 2015 Community Excellence Award for Health & Wellness – City of West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
• 2015 ADC Humanitarian Award, In Recognition of her dedicated Service to humanitarian causes
• 2016 World Organization of Human Rights, Messenger of peace, love, and kindness.
• 2018 Chaldean Sisters of Mercy, Humanitarian efforts helping Christian families in Iraq and Kurdistan
• 2019 Phoenix Rising Star, Helping refugees in the Middle East
• Broadcast Pharmacist; 1990-present, Nidhal Garmo hosted radio and cable TV shows, in English and Arabic, teaching seniors how to safely use their medications
• Peace Work; In 2009, Nidhal Garmo moderated an interfaith peace conference, attended by religious and government leaders, in Kurdistan. Result: Several Iraqi religious leaders pledged to work together for peace
Nidhal is a member of the following organizations:
• World Medical Relief – Ambassador of Health
• Lebanese Chamber of Commerce – Executive Board Member
• Chaldean American Association Health Organization
• Iraqi Medical Science Association (IMSA) – Humanitarian Board Member
• National Arab American Medical Association (NAAMA)
• Chaldean Chamber of Commerce
• Iraqi Human Rights Society USA
• CALC Chaldean American Ladies of Charity
• West Bloomfield Rotary